Fundraiser to Support the 2023 Season
Worlds Elsewhere Theatre Company is proud to announce that we will be coming out of hiatus for the 2023 Season! We have exciting plans, and lots to look forward to in the works, and we need your support.
WETC has always prided itself for being able to do two things: producing great art and raising money for important causes. It has long been of great importance to us to not just work with amazing actors, artists, and technicians, but to also pay them for their amazing work. As WETC does not have a physical theatre, our biggest expense for every show is just that: being able to pay the wonderful people we get to work with.
This fundraiser is specifically targeted at raising 80% of our projected budget for 2023, so that we can hit the ground running. More details about the planned budget and the planned season are below, but first, let’s talk about how you can help. This fundraiser is being done in tiers, and while every dollar helps, there are some fun rewards for the higher tiers; this fundraiser will end on March 6th.
- Supporter: This is the equivalent to a ticket supporting our Soft-Open: Musica Universalis, a FATE Actual Play one-shot with Fantasy Worlds Elsewhere, on March 4th, GMed by the amazing Conor Duffy!
- Theatre-Goer: This is the equivalent to a ticket supporting our Spring Shakespeare show, a tech-fabulous take on Coriolanus, relating to our current times, both politically and technologically.
- Sponsor: At a $50 or higher donation level, you’ll get your name listed on our website, and 1 year of access to our Discord.
- Bronze Tier: At $100 or higher donation level, you’ll additionally get your name in the credits of all our major productions in 2023!
- Silver Tier: At $150 or higher, you’ll also receive your choice of a Logo Pin or Magnet, featuring a soon-to-be unveiled new logo for the theatre company, as our special thank you.
- Gold Tier: At $300 or higher, you’ll receive both the magnet and the pin, as well as permanent access to our discord!
- Platinum Tier: At $500 or higher, you’ll receive all of the above, plus our undying gratitude for helping us to fulfill our mission, now and in the future, to bring great theatrical performances to the world in our digital, global age.
If you are interested in donating an amount not on our form list, please use the “Other” selection, and enter your own amount! For questions and concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We’ll Use Your Funding
WETC intends to produce four mainstage shows (including our Spring Shakespeare and our Summer Charity Stream), as well as two smaller productions, one of which will be the Fantasy Worlds Elsewhere one-shot. For every production, all members of the cast and crew will be paid a stipend, as well as a budget for original graphical art for promotional purposes, prop and costume purchases, and so-on.
Unlike some fundraisers, this will not be an all-or-nothing project. Even if we do not meet our goal, we will continue with our first two shows as planned, and may have to make adjustments to the rest of the season outlined above. We will also be raising money through pre-show ticket sales, day-of-show donations and tips, and our Patreon and merchandise stores, which we hope to have open and ready to go within the coming months.
If you want to learn more about our story, you can check out our About page. A list of our previous productions, with programs and links to watch them On Demand can be found on Past Productions. And as always, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
A survey will go out at the end of the fundraising period to collect mailing information and preferred names for the credits, as appropriate, and we anticipate having the physical rewards in the mail early next year. A small portion of the final total will go towards shipping fees.
Other Ways to Get Involved
Are you an actor, technician, visual artist, or someone else who would be interested in working with us? Keep an eye on the Work With Us page and our social media for all the news for positions we’re looking to fill from auditions to volunteer staff. If you are a director with a specific project in mind, please contact us directly to discuss your proposal.
We understand if you, like many people, are not in a position to offer your financial support at the moment; this is a difficult time. If that is the case and you would still like to support our mission, any of the following steps would be very welcome assistance:
- Subscribe to WETC’s YouTube Channel!
- Like our Facebook Page!
- Follow us on Instagram!
- Sign up for our Newsletter!